Saturday, September 1, 2007

Bloomers!


Bloomers!, originally uploaded by Kim (GGS).

Please note I have restrained myself from quoting anything from Peter Cundall in the title of this post.

These are from a pattern in Sally's baby book (the title of which I should track down given I have given it such a work out) and are a great way to make something out of 30cm of 'something you like but don't know what to do wtih' - hence the crazy space pants on the bottom left!

They are actually pretty big and I can see them doing double duty as shorts with looser elastic in the top and no elastic in the legs.

Final note: I am moving closer to turning into my grandmother as I made these with FRENCH SEAMS. But I have to say, the finish is excellent and very non-scratchy!

1 comment:

djbebe said...

There's a lot to be said for french seams. Al is a big fan - but that may also be because she doesn't have an overlocker?