Monday, August 27, 2007

Big-assed baby pants


Denim pants
Originally uploaded by Kim (GGS)
The season of baby showers will shortly be upon me - Lorna is 4 weeks ahead of me and Jackie is 4 weeks behind. To make sure I have had plenty of time to make stuff, I have been working on some gifts and also making spares for Paris in the interest of time efficiency.

For Lorna I have made 2 pairs of pants supposedly designed for a six month old baby - and I have made a pair in each colour for myself as well. The shots you can see here are are the ones I made (without the elastic) as I forgot to photograph Lorna's before I wrapped them. They are basically the same but with different trims (for a boy).

The pattern was from Sally's baby gifts book and I am really not sure that they are too big - so I have left out the waist elastic in my pairs until I have a person to measure them against. Just like the little dress for Monique's baby, it's annoying and fiddling and TOO DAMN SMALL to make these little baby clothes.
The other funny thing I didn't notice until they were made up was that the green denim (oh, cute, green demin, that's a bit different) actually looks a littlel too closer to lederhosen....



Green pants
Originally uploaded by Kim (GGS)

No comments: