Sunday, October 7, 2007

Progress made!

I am definitely pleased to report some progress on the sewing front this week:
  • Four bassinet sheets and 4 changing mat covers completed. Not without a LOT of swearing at the overlocker. For some reason, it likes to break the upper looper thread completely at random when doing 4 thread stitching. Might be time for a new part or two.
  • Using this pattern kindly supplied by Sally, I have now completed
    • Five cute little baby dresses - yes, I know, possibly an excessive number given they are all the same size but they were just so EASY and used up little bits of material that weren't good for anything else. However, that excused doesn't really apply to the dragonfly and white/orange/purple ones, so not sure what my excuse is there. Material buying frenzy???
    • Three cute little vesty shirts and some bloomers. Note to Sally: Bias binding make this quite easy. I tacked the curves on the bias binding to make them nice and smooth, that was the biggest effort on these.
Lots of thanks to Mr Paul for persevering with putting the snaps on all of these for me. It was all a bit too hard to do myself... and seeing how many HE stuffed up the first time, I am glad I didn't do it myself! It feels like it took an age to do all of these, but now they are done, it's actually HEAPS of stuff done all at once, which is kinda cool.

In other news, writing this post as given the universe a big clue to steer these freaks away from me - haven't had any rude comments since the 22nd! Yeah!

Other good things:
  • Only 5 more client-facing days at work left... then the rest of my time to mat leave will be spent on the couch doing things over the internet
  • Work is finally upgrading our laptops and I might get a new one before I go on leave!
  • The accountant made a mistake in our tax last year and we are getting back an additional $2800!
  • Paul has stained the deck and it looks fantastic!
  • We finally got a cheap ipod stereo for the kitchen and I can listen to music while washing up without blasting the neighbours.

No comments: