Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Suffering from lack of closure

I am sure there is some kind of nesting instinct at work at the moment because I keep buying more material and notions without finishing much of anything. I am almost at the stage of going to a craft store every day! On the go is:
  • 4 babies dresses that need snaps, and another that hasn't made it past the material buying stage
  • 2 babies tops that ALSO need snaps, and another also waiting to be cut out
  • Bassinet sheets. Prototype is half done on my floor, but needs to have the other three corners fitted before I unpick it and make it into a pattern for some more
  • Cot sheets - but at the rate I am going I will use all my material on bassinet sheets and have to go back for more (yeah!)
  • Covers for the changing table mat. No action here, just a mountain of terry toweling that has been washed and is now looking at me. Really, the job would take about 3o minutes to make 3 or 4.
  • Stuffed frog - I have gotten as far as ironing the material and photocopying the pattern but that's it.
  • Mobile for the babies room - purchased a big whack of felt today with no intention of doing much on it for weeks... but I really really needed the felt today!
  • Material for Mum's Xmas present has been purchased and a rough design drawn up. This one is a bit fiddly so waiting for a day that I am not cranky to get into it.... hahahha
  • Trying (via Sally) to track down material for Dad's Xmas present.
Soooo, my goal for this weekend is to finish some of these bloody things. Hopefully can knock over bassinet sheets, changing table covers and the snaps this weekend... if I actually post some photos, you will know I am successful.

3 comments:

djbebe said...

Keep reminding me re fabric checking - I checked Mum's stash (no-go) but keep forgetting to check mine.

And get to work on those sheets, lady - that baby needs somewhere to sleep!!

djbebe said...

PS where did you get the name for this new blog?

Sponky said...

Pregnancy brain. I wanted a glass of ginger beer one night and it came out as a request for a glass of ginger jelly snakes!