Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Stroller Toys


IMG_1995, originally uploaded by Kim (GGS).

Having been inspired by the work of Lupin, I thought I would attempt to make a mobile for Paris' room - but in a beach theme rather than eggs. But first (before I hand sew a million tiny pieces) I though I would try to make a stroller toy in the same concept.

They are made of synthetic felt, not the greatest but certainly easier to find and much cheaper than wool felt, with hand stitching and Birch quilters template plastic cut to fit inside - this makes everything stick out nicely rather than sag. To keep them on the ribbon, I sewed one side of each toy to the ribbon with the sewing machine and then I am hoping the blanket stitch will hold it all together

I didn't check the felt was colour fast or even safe for sucking on so these will have a limited lifespan, until Paris is able to reach them. Also, smaller blanket stitch will be the way to go next time, to avoid issues on curves etc.

You can see the back and on the stroller also!

Next, is a larger scale project to do the pieces for a proper mobile. I think this will be more challenging as I have thrown a crab and an octopus into the patterns!

No comments: